Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Ready for Football!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for the SuperBowl tomorrow. Not only do I have hotdogs and buns, relish and fixins, potato salad and pork 'n beans (and liquid refreshments) waiting for my couch-potato hours in front of the big screen TV, but I even bought a new set of multiple crochet hooks (8 of them!!) that will see me through most any football game.

I already have a big collection of straight and circular knitting needles of all sizes, but those crochet hooks come in handy for weaving in the loose ends of my creations. Now I'm teaching myself to crochet. I have turned out some beautiful little hats already. My method is rather like Michelangelo's sculpting method - he would look at the huge chunk of marble and chip away everything that wasn't the statue. I had no idea what stitches I was making, but I made some very cute little flippy-brim hats with crocheted flowers on them. Here's one of them - see?


Then my daughter wanted an aviator-style hat for my granddaughter. Take a look at the result:


I love knitting and have made some cute things for my granddaughter (unfortunately I took so long to make them that they were too small for her by the time she received them). But they are cute - take a look:



I felt like showing off and was going to post other pics from my computer, but I couldn't find them (of course). I guess I will have to save those for another day. Aren't you lucky?